Happy Easter Weekend! It’s a different Easter than usual, but why not make the most of it and dive in to some arts and crafts!
We’ve giving a step-by-step guide on how to make two Easter cards to send to your family members or friends who you are missing most during this time!
First is our Cheeky Beaky card! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A4 Paper
- Colouring Pens/ Pencils
How to make your card:
- Take your A4 sheet of paper and fold it in half, and then quarter it!
- Open the card up lengthwise and get your scissors ready.
- Find the bottom quarter of your card and cut a line through it about 10cm in length.
- Fold the pieces you cut into triangles, one way and then the other. Then straighten them again. Now you should have a piece of your paper that resembles a beak!
- Fold your card back in to a normal card shape, close it and open it to reveal a cheaky beaky card!
- Now all you have to do is draw a bird of your choice (since its Easter we drew a chick!) and decorate the front with crepe paper Easter eggs!
- Don’t forget to put your card in an envelope and send it to someone you want to wish a Happy Easter!
We made a video on our Facebook and Instagram where you can follow along with the steps! Here’s a picture of one our little helper Rosie made!
Next we have a card for members of your family who are cocooning! We’ve made a template which you can download and print off and then decorate! If you don’t have a printer handy then just copy the template on to an A4 piece of paper! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A4 paper
- Card Template
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Colouring pens or pencils
How to make your card:
- Print off or copy the template on an A4 piece of paper
- Fold your card into quarters
- First colour in the front of your card however you like!
- When you’re finished the front, open up your card. Put big splodges of paint on one half of the card to make one butterfly wing, use you favorite colours but make sure you use plenty!
- Fold your card in half and press down HARD!
- Open the card and see your butterfly now has TWO colourful wings!!
- Let the paint dry before you write on the inside of the card.
- Once you’re finished decorating the card, put it in an envelope and send it to a member of your family or a friend who is cocooning!
We made a video on Facebook and Instagram for this card as well! Here is the template you can use and a picture of one Rosie made earlier!
We hope these cards will keep you busy this weekend! Don’t forget to show us your creations, send them to email@example.com or tag us on social media @nanonagleplace