The Venerable Nano Nagle was laid to rest in the graveyard of the Ursuline Convent in 1784. Since that time three different monuments have been erected for her in this space. The third and latest reuses her earliest grave slab, and has been set in a beautifully designed landscape next to flowing water. Next to Nano’s tomb is the Sisters Graveyard, which houses the graves of both Ursuline Sisters and Nano’s nuns, the Presentation Sisters who have carried on her work here at ‘South Pres’ for over two hundred years.
The tomb and graveyard are fully wheelchair accessible and can be visited for free. Entrance is through our front reception on Douglas Street.
Live Tomb Camera: